LEXINGTON, Ky., January 10, 2022 / PRNewswire / – Tempur Sealy International, Inc. (NYSE: TPX, “Tempur Sealy” or the “Company”) today released its Corporate Social Values Report 2022. The company made significant strides in its ESG initiatives in 2021, including the following highlights:
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 8.4% per unit produced in our wholly owned production and logistics operations compared to the previous year, which further advances our progress towards our goal of achieving CO2 neutrality by 2040
- The percentage of waste diverted to landfill from our wholly-owned US manufacturing operations has improved to 94% over the past twelve months to finish. September 30, 2021, compared to 91% in 2020, moving our progress towards our goal of zero landfill by the end of 2022
- Multi-million dollar solar panel technology installed at our largest manufacturing facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which aims to reduce the annual electricity consumption of public utilities by over 3 million kWh
- The Tempur Sealy Foundation made their biggest ever gift in the form of $ 2 million in support of the Tempur Sealy Pediatric Sleep Center facility at Kentucky Children’s Hospital
- Designed and developed Sealy Naturals, a responsibly built line of mattresses made from sustainable materials that will hit the US market in 2022
- Developing accessible marketing materials and shopping experiences by implementing a bilingual marketing program and incorporating our diverse consumer base into advertising campaigns
- The Nominating Corporate Governance Committee of our Board of Directors has established oversight over our practices and positions on ESG issues
- Embed ESG as a metric in executive compensation for 2021
- Increase the proportion of women on our Board of Directors by 50% to 33% of the board composition
Scott Thompson, Tempur Sealy Chairman and CEO, said, “Our commitment to improving the sleep of more people each night around the world has been particularly rewarding, if challenging, over the past year. In 2021 we saw record demand for our brands and products in a challenging supply chain environment. Despite the many changes and challenges we made in 2021, we stand firm in our commitment to protecting our communities and the environment. ”
Thompson continued, “Our global organization continues to advocate our ESG ideals by driving initiatives that advance our societal values. We firmly believe that ESG initiatives create value for our stakeholders and contribute to the financial success of our company. Our future social values will evolve with you. ”
The full report on Corporate Social Values 2022 is available on Tempur Sealy Investor’s website, http://investor.tempursealy.com/.
This press release contains statements that may be termed “forward-looking” within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Such statements may contain information about one or more of the company’s plans, guidelines, goals, objectives, strategies, and other information that is not historical information. The words “commitment,” “plans,” “intend” and variations of these words or similar expressions used in this press release are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements about the company’s expectations with respect to its sustainability initiatives. All forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations and beliefs and various assumptions. There can be no assurance that the company will meet these expectations or that these assumptions will prove to be correct.
about the company
Tempur Sealy is committed to improving the sleep of more people around the world every night. As the global leader in bedding design, manufacture and distribution, we understand the importance of a good night’s sleep for overall health and wellbeing. With over a century of experience and industry-leading innovation, we deliver award-winning products that deliver breakthrough sleep solutions to consumers in over 100 countries.
Our highly recognized brands include Tempur-Pedic, Sealy® with Posturepedic® technology, and Stearns & Foster®. Our brand-free offers include value-oriented own-brand and OEM products. Our different brands enable complementary merchandising strategies and are sold through third-party dealers, our own in-house stores and e-commerce channels. This omni-channel strategy ensures that our products are offered wherever and however customers want to shop.
Ultimately, we accept our global responsibility to serve all stakeholders, our community and the environment. We have and implement programs that meet our responsibilities.
Investor Relations contact
Tempur Sealy International, Inc.
SOURCE Tempur Sealy International, Inc.